Barely days after Microsoft revealed its new and fresh Windows 8 user interface, people want it on Windows 7, now.
One developer from Italy thinks he has the answer for those eager Windows 7 users waiting on Windows 8. Sergio James Bruccoleri is currently working on an early version of what he calls “Immersive UI” for Windows 7. Bruccoleri described Windows 8′s new user interface as “fantastic” in an email to WinRumors. “Windows 8 is coming in 2012, so I decided to create a concept in Photoshop and one hour later…an application,” he said. Bruccoleri believes the immersive UI is important for the future of Microsoft’s systems and PC technology but he doesn’t want to wait until 2012.
Immersive UI for Windows 7 is in the very early stages but shows interesting promise. Bruccoleri has created an early video of his application and is working on a public beta, due some time in July. The initial offering will come without some effects because Bruccoleri is still working on the application. He plans to include the following features:
- Custom Tile for Applications and Videogames
- Split Screen – Multitask like in Microsoft’s video
- Facebook Push Message on Start Menu
- New Media Center – browsing pictures, music and videos within the UI
- Support for Windows 8 7955 (With Application Menu Only for this version)
- Immersive Browser Included