Microsoft announced on Thursday that it plans to make the Halo Atlas application available on December 10.
ATLAS, Assisted Tactical Assault System, is a companion app designed for Windows Phone, iOS and Android devices. The application will allow Halo Reach and Halo Anniversary players to watch real-time data from their devices on live matches. Microsoft has partnered with Brady Games to provide detailed multiplayer maps for Halo Reach. Halo Atlas is designed to encourage players to engage in strategic gameplay and will provide access to maps on the go. Halo players can then study the maps and gain access to:
- Weapon and vehicle spawn locations for Matchmaking and Firefight games.
- Health pack locations.
- Near-real-time locations for weapons and vehicles during Custom Multiplayer games.
- Your location and that of your team members displayed on the map.
- ‘Follow me’ mode to track your movement.
- Dynamic player list, including current score for the teams and each player and equipped weapon for you and your teammates.
In addition, Microsoft is also making Halo Waypoint available to iOS and Android users on December 10 at no cost. ATLAS will be free for Windows Phone users and $4.99 for iOS and Android devices. For more information see Microsoft’s overview piece here.
Thanks to WinRumors readers Karl and Charlie for the news tip