Microsoft is adding a mini-calendar view to its Hotmail pages.
The software giant announced the view in a blog post celebrating 15 years of Hotmail. “We’re rolling out the mini-calendar on a trial basis now in order to get feedback and expect to turn it on for all users soon,” said Microsoft’s Dick Craddock. The Hotmail team has also added a “go to” option that allows users to view messages from a particular date.
Microsoft is celebrating 15 years of Hotmail this week. The software maker now has over 360 million unique users per month of the service. Here’s Hotmail’s vital statistics:
- 360 million unique users per month
- 5.5 billion spam messages filtered each day
- 14 billion photos sent through photo mail since launch
- Over 40 million people use Office Web Apps in Hotmail each month
- Sweep feature has swept hundreds of millions of messages from Inboxes.
- Over 3 million email aliases already created
- 5 million people chat with Facebook friends via Hotmail
- 200 million Active View emails delivered last month