Amazon has released its Kindle application for Windows Phone 7.
The app is available immediately in the Windows Phone Marketplace. The new Windows Phone 7 Kindle application brings over 725,000 books to Windows Phone 7. Marketplace Browser, a Windows Phone 7 app tracking site, has posted several screenshots of the app alongside its Marketplace summary.
Microsoft first demonstrated Kindle for Windows Phone 7 at its Professional Developers Conference in 2010. “We are pleased to be working with Amazon to launch Kindle for Windows Phone 7,” said Achim Berg, Corporate Vice President of the Mobile Communications Business at Microsoft Corp. “We designed Windows Phone 7 to bring together a host of services and content — from Microsoft and third parties — in a way that seamlessly integrates the things you care about most, from movies to shopping and reading, and Amazon is key to delivering that experience to customers.”
The key features of Kindle for Windows Phone 7 include:
- Read over 725,000 books in the Kindle Store, including New Releases and 108 of this week’s 111 New York Times Bestsellers
- Amazon’s Whispersync technology syncs your place across devices, so you can pick up where you left off
- Integrated shopping experience that allows customers to shop without leaving the app
- Send an e-mail to a friend with a link to the book you’re reading or to any book in your library without leaving the app
- Customized reading – choose from five different font sizes and three background colors
- Tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages