Screenshots of a near final copy of Windows 8 beta leaked to the Internet over the weekend.
The screenshots demonstrate a number of setup customisations available in the beta version of Windows 8. Theme colors for the Windows 8 Start Screen experience can be selected prior to install and it appears most of the colors on the slider are dark blue, pink, green and purple variants. Win8china posted the screenshots over the weekend.
Little is known about the feature set of Microsoft’s Windows 8 beta. Recently leaked screenshots indicate that Microsoft will allow users to change the Start Screen color and the Start Screen background image in beta copies of Windows 8. Microsoft has previously detailed some other minor improvements to the Windows 8 beta. Users will be able to create, name and rearrange Start Screen groups as well as navigate with the Windows 8 Apps screen in a better way. Microsoft is planning to group applications to make it easier for users to identify them in Windows 8 beta. Windows Media Center will also return to Windows 8 beta alongside the typical Windows games, DVD creator and .NET 3.5. All were missing from the developer preview, made available in September.
For more information on Windows 8 check out our dedicated section or the latest news below.
- Microsoft details Windows 8′s new picture password feature
- Microsoft reveals its own password store for Windows 8
- Microsoft’s Windows 8 built-in music player revealed in leaked screenshots
- Windows 8 app store screenshots leak, reveal download manager and demo apps
- Beaming file transfer feature to make its way into Windows 8, Windows Phone and Xbox?
- Microsoft planning to distribute an updated copy of Windows 8 to developers by February 3
- Microsoft confirms Windows 8 beta due in late February
- Microsoft promises developers a bigger bite of the Apple with its Windows 8 app store
- Microsoft: 3 million downloads of Windows 8 developer preview since BUILD
- Windows 8 build 8165 Start Screen image leaks, hints at progress
- Windows 8 Storage Spaces feature plays nicely with ReFS
- Windows 8 now includes touch gesture to close Metro style apps
- Windows 8 build 8158 images leak, show off improved Charms Bar
- Microsoft’s new Windows 8 Resilient File System (ReFS) will be server only