Microsoft announced its latest keyboard on Thursday.
The Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000 is designed to compliment tablet and laptop devices. The 5000 features an ergonomist-approved Comfort Curve design and Bluetooth functionality to allow it to easily pair with a laptop or tablet. Microsoft is clearly targeting tablet users with its latest keyboard. “With tablet purchases expected to increase 81 percent from now until 2015, laptops and tablets have become essential technology tools both at work and home,” said Microsoft’s hardware team in a blog post announcing the keyboard.
The Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000 is available immediately in the U.S. priced at $49.95.
- Tablet compatibility with Windows, iPad and iPad 2, and many Android tablet devices
- Ergonomist-approved “Comfort Curve” design promotes a more natural wrist posture
- Bluetooth wireless frees up a USB port by easily connecting to a Bluetooth-enabled computer, and no USB nano transceiver is needed
- Ultrathin, stylish design makes it lightweight and portable for travel
- Three-year limited hardware warranty