Microsoft has released an update to its first official Microsoft Office application for the iPhone today, OneNote.
The 1.1 application update is available immediately in Apple’s App Store for iPhone. OneNote Mobile for the iPhone lets you capture and review notes and lists on your phone. Notes are automatically backed up and synced with free Windows Live SkyDrive online storage, so that you can access them from virtually anywhere – your PC, phone, and browser.
Microsoft has added the following features and improvements in version 1.1:
- The ability to email your notes right from your iPhone
- An easier way to delete notes that you no longer want
- More intuitive icons and a Home button that makes it simpler to select or move between multiple notebooks
- A simplified sign-in screen and more help with getting a Windows Live ID account
- Faster notebook syncing and better overall app performance
- A more comprehensive OneNote Mobile for iPhone Help page in an easy-to-scan FAQ format
Microsoft says it’s initially making the application available for U.S. customers only. “We’re working to make it available in other regions as well, and we’ll keep you updated as it becomes available,” said a Microsoft spokesperson earlier this year. OneNote for iPhone is still only available in the United States at the time of writing. [Apple iTunes link]