Microsoft announced on Wednesday that its MSN Onit lifestyle app is now available to iPhone and iPad users.
Originally launched exclusively on Windows Phone 7 in March, Onit combines MSN’s lifestyle for men content and partners, including Esquire and Men’s Health. Microsoft describes the app as the ultimate “guys guide” to cars, girls, gadgets, fitness, events and more. The application offers up tips on getting in shape and cooking the perfect steak, to name but a few.
Microsoft has also included social networking features. MSN Onit allows users to log into Facebook and share content with their friends. Onit also includes an interesting “To Go” list. The list works by saving specific content for later. Windows Live ID users can sync their MSN Onit settings and “To Go” list between MSN Onit for iPhone, iPad and Windows Phone 7. Microsoft is promising to support additional devices “soon.”
Cars: Regular updates from MSN Autos with great reviews, first drives and slideshows of the latest and greatest cars. Find a car you like and then find the nearest dealer to schedule a test drive using Bing Maps.
- Daily Wisdom and How To: Each day, a new bit of life advice, or a morsel of trivia, on subjects ranging from science to history to sex. Compiled from Esquire, Popular Mechanics, LIFE.com, Time Magazine and the New York Times best-selling “The Intellectual Devotional,” the Daily Wisdom section is a small dose of enlightenment. Plus the best DIY articles and guides from Howcast and Popular Mechanics , combined with Bing, so you can build something, destroy something, or just have a solid reason to spend some time in your yard, garage, or man cave each week.
- Eat & Drink and Local Events: How to navigate that restaurant menu, what to pick up at the grocery store, what to order at the bar: the best advice from Eat this, Not That!, Esquire, Men’s Health, and Delish on MSN, every day. Plus: Bing puts the best goings-on at your fingertips: in your neighborhood, town, city or anywhere you might be traveling. Plus the local weather forecast so you will always be prepared.
- Entertainment, Music and Movies: Need to catch up on programs you’ve missed, you can do so in a second with MSN’s Last Night on TV. MSN’s Parallel Universe takes you into the realm of pop culture and sci fi, while the best celebrity info comes from Wonderwall on MSN. TheSmokingJacket.com never fails to raise an eyebrow, or a chuckle, with articles you’ll want to share. Get the MSN Music blog and the current lineup of Hollywood’s latest and greatest movies from MSN Movies, directly integrated with movietickets.com for buying tickets, directions to nearest theatres, movie trailers and more.
- Health & Fitness and Sports: The best tips on getting in shape, staying in shape, or amping up your workout from Bicycling, Fitbie on MSN, Men’s Health, and Runners World. Or Fox Sports Flash keeps you up to date on the latest in sports, while Fox Sports’ Lunch with Benefits take a lighter look at the world of sports. In between, MSN Onit will give you info on a wide range of sports (from World Cup Soccer updates to the World Cup of Surfing) along with info on local leagues and sports for yourself.
- Tech & Gadgets and Dollars & Sense: The gear you need, and the technology you lust after, is all here from MSNBC.com Technolog, Esquire, LIFE.com, Men’s Health, Popular Mechanics and TheSmokingJacket.com . MSN Money provides the best tips, tools and analysis to help make sure you can pay for all that gear you are interested in, and keep some money in the bank besides.
- Style and Beautiful Women: Esquire, Men’s Health and TheSmokingJacket.com bring you the best in fashion and style for men. Plus a weekly look at the most beautiful celebrities & models from Esquire, TheSmokingJacket.com, Wonderwall and LIFE.com, recipient of the National Magazine Award for Best Digital Photography Website, a guilty pleasure to enjoy and share with your buddies on email or Facebook.