A new Windows Phone Update workaround has been developed and released on Monday.
The workaround allows all Windows Phone devices to receive the NoDo update, regardless of their carrier testing. AT&T Samsung Focus owners will now be able to load the NoDo update in a simple and quick fashion thanks to ChevronWP7 developer Chris Walshie. The update involves using a simple application on a Windows PC. Walshie has unlocked the wrapper process for Microsoft’s Windows Phone updates and simply pushes the NoDo and updates to devices. Walshie explains he:
“Whipped up a little application to flash pre-NoDo (7008), NoDo (7355), NoDo update 1 (7389) & NoDo update 2 (7390) all in a single process. No I don’t care which carrier you are on, which phone you have, it’ll just update your phone accordingly.”
The method is available immediately but be warned this may cause adverse effects. Here’s the steps:
- Download Windows Phone Support Tool – x86 or x64
- Download ChevronWP7 Updater – x86 or x64.
- Install both applications
- Launch ChevronWP7 updater and select your language. Do NOT update if your language is not present.
- If you’re updating from build 7004 then run the updater twice
Walshie also explains the method may work for HTC HD2 owners who have flashed custom Windows Phone 7 ROMs to their devices.