Microsoft released a new Outlook Hotmail Connector on Thursday.
The updated connector is compulsory and required to continue using Hotmail accounts in Outlook. Microsoft has bumped the version number to 14.0.5139.5001. The software giant has fixed the following issues in Outlook Hotmail Connector:
- Several send/receive issues are fixed.
- The Outlook junk email filter within Outlook is turned off for Hotmail accounts (this was erroneously flagging good mail as junk). Junk messages are now detected at the Hotmail mail server. Any entries you made in Outlook for the junk email filters (Safe Senders, Blocked Senders, and Safe Recipients) continue to work correctly and synchronize between Outlook and the Hotmail mail server.
- Fixes for hangs and crashes experienced when sending meetings using the Hotmail Connector and when adding a new Hotmail account to an existing profile.
- Fix for an issue where Windows Live contacts’ birthdays and anniversaries shifted by one day when synchronized with Outlook.
- Fix for an issue that blocked synchronization of the Category property in an Outlook contact with Windows Live.
Current users will receive the following prompt to upgrade:
The latest Outlook Hotmail Connector is available for the following versions of Outlook:
For Outlook 2010, Office Outlook 2007, or Office Outlook 2003 32-bit:
For Outlook 2010 64-bit: