A Milestone 3 version of Windows 8 leaked publicly on Saturday.
The build is currently being distributed on FTPs and file sharing sites after an anonymous leakster posted the bits to the win7vista site. The build is a sample of Microsoft’s work from April with Windows 8 and does not reflect the current state of winmain builds. The build is currently available on private FTP sites and is expected to be made available on the usual torrent and file sharing sites in the next few hours.
6.2.7989.0.amd64fre.winmain.110421-1825 includes a new wallpaper and unlockable UI bits with the usual red pill trick. It’s not yet clear whether the build includes Microsoft’s new Start Screen interface. Microsoft has also updated the bootscreen to include a betta fish, similar to the one used in Windows 7 beta builds.
Microsoft is currently working on various Windows 8 features and is expected to deliver an early copy to developers at its BUILD developer conference in September. Here’s a round-up of the latest Windows 8 news:
- Windows 8: Android-like pattern logon screen demo [video]
- Windows 8: Immersive Tablet tile UI and PDF reader revealed
- Windows 8 Metro UI welcome screen and Ribbon screenshots leak
- Portable Workspace allows you to run Windows from a USB device
- Microsoft switches to Black Screen Of Death (BSoD) for Windows 8
- Windows 8: History Vault user interface revealed
- Windows 8: Black Screen of Death (BSoD) captured on video
- Windows 8: User account roaming settings over Windows Live Cloud revealed