Further screenshots of a pre-beta build of Windows 8 leaked on Saturday.
The screenshots appear to show the customization features of what will become Windows 8 beta. Users will be able to activate a color slider, allowing them to pick a custom background color for the Start Screen. The Windows 8 Developer Preview does not allow this and it’s a highly requested feature for Windows 8. The colour slider is a simple and quick picker that appears to provide a number of darker colors for the Start Screen.
Windows 8 users will also be able to modify the background image of the Windows 8 Start Screen. Microsoft appears to be building in sample sets of images to use as a companion to the color options. It’s not yet clear whether these images will include the ability for a user to pick their own image. Winunleaked, who published the screenshots, notes that the Start Screen personlization is a feature under construction so aspects could change at beta. Images of the Windows 8 Start Screen color customization leaked earlier this month.
Microsoft is expected to deliver a beta copy of Windows 8 at CES 2012 with a Release Candidate at the unannounced MIX 2012 conference. The big OEMs, including HP, Dell and ASUS are all reportedly preparing Windows 8 tablets for Q3 2012. Microsoft is expected to unveil the final version of Windows 8 during the Summer months of 2012 in preparation for a holiday push of new tablets and form factors.
Latest Windows 8 news:
- Samsung planning modified Windows 8 Series 7 slate for late 2012
- Microsoft shares its plans to improve Windows 8 battery life
- Synaptics demos impressive Windows 8 multitouch trackpad experience
- Windows 8 pre-beta Start Screen color customization screenshots leak
- Microsoft details its Windows 8 live tiles service
- Stephen Elop hints at Nokia Windows 8 tablets
- Businesses already preparing Windows 8 upgrade plans
- Acer predicts that Microsoft will “re-rise” against iPad with Windows 8
- ASUS also preparing Windows 8 tablet for Q3 2012
- HP planning to stick with Microsoft for Windows 8 tablets
- Windows Media Center returns to Windows 8 in build 8141
Image Credit: winunleaked