Microsoft is preparing a number of improvements for its Windows 8 beta, due in late February.
One feature is the new and improved touch keyboard. The software giant previously revealed the standard, split and pen input modes for the keyboard in Windows 8 earlier this year. Pre-beta builds of Windows 8 include a new feature to resize the virtual keyboard. Winunleaked posted screenshots of the new feature on Monday.
Little is known about the feature set of Microsoft’s Windows 8 beta. Recently leaked screenshots indicate that Microsoft will allow users to change the Start Screen color and the Start Screen background image in beta copies of Windows 8. Microsoft has previously detailed some other minor improvements to the Windows 8 beta. Users will be able to create, name and rearrange Start Screen groups as well as navigate with the Windows 8 Apps screen in a better way. Microsoft is planning to group applications to make it easier for users to identify them in Windows 8 beta. Windows Media Center will also return to Windows 8 beta alongside the typical Windows games, DVD creator and .NET 3.5. All were missing from the developer preview, made available in September.
For more information on Windows 8 check out our dedicated section or the latest news below.
- Leaked Windows 8 pre-beta install screenshots demonstrate theme color picker
- Microsoft details Windows 8′s new picture password feature
- Microsoft reveals its own password store for Windows 8
- Microsoft’s Windows 8 built-in music player revealed in leaked screenshots
- Windows 8 app store screenshots leak, reveal download manager and demo apps
- Beaming file transfer feature to make its way into Windows 8, Windows Phone and Xbox?
- Microsoft planning to distribute an updated copy of Windows 8 to developers by February 3
- Microsoft confirms Windows 8 beta due in late February
- Microsoft promises developers a bigger bite of the Apple with its Windows 8 app store
- Microsoft: 3 million downloads of Windows 8 developer preview since BUILD
- Windows 8 build 8165 Start Screen image leaks, hints at progress
- Windows 8 Storage Spaces feature plays nicely with ReFS
- Windows 8 now includes touch gesture to close Metro style apps
- Windows 8 build 8158 images leak, show off improved Charms Bar