Microsoft issued a new update to its Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac this week.
The update includes support for custom ringtones and the ability to drag and drop files from the device onto a Mac. Microsoft has also issued some bug fixes as part of the update, including additional error codes, connectivity fixes for certain devices and album art display issues.
The Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac, allows Mac users to sync their Windows Phone 7 devices with iTunes and iPhoto. Windows Phone 7 Mac users are able to sync Music, Videos and Photos to their phones. The Windows Phone Connector sits on top of Apple’s iTunes/iPhoto for Mac and interacts with both software programs using public APIs.
You can download the Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac 2.01 update at Apple’s Mac App Store.
- Full sync and import support for Apple Aperture software
- Drag and drop import of files from Browse Device
- Ringtone transfer support (for phones running Windows Phone 7.5 or later)
- Improved video conversion process with user configuration options
- Support for Windows Phone Marketplace (for phones running Windows Phone 7.5 or later)
- Localization support for 13 additional languages
- Improvements to backup and restore operations
- Improved configuration for podcast sync and photo import
- Improved iTunes import support in certain languages
- Improved metadata support for videos
- Added additional error codes and help references for device update
- Resolved connectivity issues with certain devices
- Resolved album art display issues for certain devices