A Milestone 3 version of Windows Server 8 leaked publicly on Sunday.
The build is currently being distributed on FTPs and file sharing sites after an anonymous leakster posted the bits to the beta archive site. The build is an early sample of Microsoft’s work with Windows 8 and does not reflect the current state of winmain builds.
The build is currently available on private FTP sites and is expected to be made available on the usual torrent and file sharing sites in the next few hours. The build is not the usual client variety that has leaked in the past few weeks. 7959 is an x64 server version of Windows 8 but offers an up to date look at Microsoft’s progress with Windows 8.
Microsoft is currently working on various Windows 8 features and is expected to deliver an early copy to developers at its Windows Developer Conference (WDC) in September. Here’s a round-up of the latest Windows 8 news:
- Windows 8: Android-like pattern logon screen demo [video]
- Windows 8: Immersive Tablet tile UI and PDF reader revealed
- Windows 8 Metro UI welcome screen and Ribbon screenshots leak
- Portable Workspace allows you to run Windows from a USB device
- Microsoft switches to Black Screen Of Death (BSoD) for Windows 8
- Windows 8: History Vault user interface revealed
- Windows 8: Black Screen of Death (BSoD) captured on video
- Windows 8: User account roaming settings over Windows Live Cloud revealed
Thanks to WinRumors reader Sulpicio Demontano III for the news tip